Monday, June 9, 2008

Journey..part1

4 days - 16000 Km

Writing this blog after reaching Korea. Waiting for system to be fully functional. So, killing time by writing this blog.

Lets approach this blog in a non-linear way. What is the first exp I am reminded of? It has to be the story titled "Ek ticket Mahavikat" (A ticket which turned out to be a BIG problem).

So, here I am, waiting in B1/003, in PrayagRaj Express. Journey is from Delhi to Allahabd. Saurabh is in next compartment. But I am all alone here, or so I thought. Wiating for that guy in black coat to come. Thinking of all possible ways to explain to him as to why he should allow me to travel on an e-ticket when I dont have the corresponding I-card, my PAN card. The guy approacheth, I sayeth some two-three lines, then my role in the drama of next half hour is complete. Because then my case is taken over by two other people. No, they were not the lawyers of the prosecution and defendant. But just two people trying to help me.
I was trying to explain to the TT that I have misplaced my PAN card, but he should allow me on the company card instead. I get un-expected support from all the passengers in the cabin. I really felt happy and grateful for that support. One person(lets call him Mr.A), in fact, started to really take my case with the TT. For me, he seemed an angel then. He took a tough stance with the TT. Asserting that any card should be fine, as it is only an ID-proof that is required.
In between this discussion, another Mr.B came, occupant of seat no.14, if I remember correctly. He immediatley took a contradictory stand. HE fully agreed with the TT that the ID proof is indeed the ticket. For a brief moment, I really was upset with this guy, why did he have to interfere when he was not helping. I later realised that First impressions may be very mis-leadng. The TT , and these two guys were discussing these things amongst themselves. The TT got a bit worked up, and said will come back later.
After he left temporarily, I got to know the Mr.A better. The first lines of his introduction made me feel at ease immediately. He was a journalist from Aaj Tak. Now thats a case of being "Sabse Tej, sabse aage " even in helping others. His name was Anil Kumar Singh, same as my brother, for whose operation I was in New Delhi. Anil, Aaj tak one,assured me that it was his duty now to take me to Allahabad. I immediately felt relaxed and assured that come what may, TT or no TT, I will reach Allahabad, w/o paying anything. Come on, who will not feel it, you have a journalist on your side man. I thought that the drama was over. Boy, was I wrong.

Next time , when the TT came, which was just two minutes after the above. The TT did looked a bit worked up. This time, Mr.Anil said a few lines, Mr. B also said a few lines and the TT left again. This time Mr.B tried to pacify the TT, saying :"Though this kid is wrong, but for my behalf, allow him to travel". He showed him some sort of I-card and then again repeated the request. The TT did not commit anything and then left. Then, Mr. B said something to Mr.A"By trying to help this guy (meaning me), you have spoilt his case". Anil immediately retorted, "I am a journalist and now it is my responsibilty to take this kid to Allahabad". Mr. B's reply was more shocking : "I am also a journalist and it is my responsibilty to take him to Allahabad". So, here I was, with two people, both hell-bent (why is heaven-bent not a word) on taking me to Allahabad. Both having totally different approaches, but united on the goal.
By this time, Saurabh had come. I explained to him briefly what was happening. He gave the age-old advice: "Get the TT in a corner and give him 100 bucks". I said :"Yaar, mujhe kuch kahne ko mile, tab na" The TT then suddenly appeared . I approached him. This time , there was only Mr.B, no Mr.A. The TT was a bit worked up: "Dont try to argue with me when you are wrong. " Mr.B immediately pacified him :"Sir, I have already shown you my card. Please consider it my perosnal request and allow him to travel". Some more pacifying lines followed. The TT left with the following words:"I can not mark you as present. Just go and sleep, before I change my mind".What else is requied, just a place to sleep, a place to relax the already travel-weary body. Saurabh had already left by that time. Went to his place, explained what had happened and got my back. On the return, met Mr.B in the way.
He then told me his details. He was a TV journalist, working in Zee TV, was earlier with B4U. The summary of the conversation :"You should use a hard stand only when you are right..... Where a smile and politeness can do the trick, dont use a sword... I have never used my I-card but somehow today have used it for you".
After he finished his ciggarete, we said good-bye. I went to my upper-birth . Firs reaction after lying down: "Thanks bade bhaiya for not letting any thing happen to me. " These two people, for a moment, just appeared His instrument, for ensuring that nothing happens to me. At moments like these, how can one not feel grateful?

P.S.: In these entire conversations, I was called a kid so many times that I now feel that I have a few more years before I make that marriage plunge.

4 comments:

xyz said...

Arey bhaiye...bahut BHOKAAL likhaa hai...mazaa aagayaa...[:)]

Saurabh Sachan said...

Bhaiya typically Allahabadi this is .......

Infact the incident also shows how ppl in allahabad have this tendency to be involved with each other .... rather in others business sometimes it turns out to be good at extreme levels it can also be painful

but pakka illahabadi .... wah wah incident ...

Dorjee K Thungon said...

kamino ki fauz...

Ashok Yadav said...

arre bhaiya doosre k kaam mein taang naa daalein, aisa kabhi ho sakta hai kya UP walon k saath... chalo achcha hua ki tumhaari help ho gayi inki wajah se....